Thursday, November 26, 2009

Get Blake Lively's Smoky Eye Look



Usually when I write a post about Blake Lively it's because I'm obsessing over her mermaid-like mane. Well, last night my girl hit up a swanky party for Chanel Fine Jewelry and while her hair looked good (I'm a big fan of casual ponytails paired with going-out clothes) it was her makeup that really caught my attention. She worked this really pretty shimmery smoky eye with soft peachy-pink lips and cheeks.

According to Chanel makeup artist Angela Levin, the look was inspired by the diamond camellia brooch that Blake wore on the red carpet (yeah, that thing is kind of hard to miss). "I wanted her eyes to be dark and sexy, but the rest of her face to be light and fresh," says Levin. Here's everything you need to know to recreate it on yourself (diamond amazingness sadly not included):

Face: I used Chanel Lift Lumiere Fluid Makeup in Beige all over her face and set it with Chanel Poudre Cristalline Translucent Powder. On her cheeks I dusted on Chanel Blush Duo in Tweed Rose.

Eyes: I used the bronze and sand shades from the Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Variations and Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Magic Night, a deep plum shade, to add dimension in the crease. I lined the upper and lower lashes with Chanel Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Black Shimmer. I finished the eyes with three coats of Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir-Black.

Lips: I created a soft pink lip with Chanel Rouge Allure in Mythic, a perfect nude shade, topped with a bit of Chanel Rouge Allure Laquer in Ming.
 

My Blog List

Health -Beauty and Fashion Blog Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic SEO by Seo Company India Image by Tadpole's Notez